- 1 cup whole wheat couscous (I like Hodgson Mill brand)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2-1 cup chopped herbs (parsley, basil, cilantro, thyme, anything you like will work)
- 3/4 cup feta, crumbled or cubed
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper
Prepare the couscous according to package directions. Fluff with a fork.
Saute carrot, onion, garlic, and red pepper in olive oil until soft. Add cranberries and let cool. Add to couscous. Mix in herbs, feta, and almonds.