Baked Crab Cakes
- 1 pound crab meat, checked for shells
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 Tbls Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbls mayonnaise
- 3 Tbls plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of hot sauce
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
Mix Old Bay through hot sauce in a bowl. Saute pepper, celery, and onion in olive oil until soft. Allow to cool slightly. Mix vegetables with crab. Mix in the sauce, and then the bread crumbs. Refrigerate mixture at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400. Shape cold mixture into 8 cakes and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
If you want crispy crab cakes, turn them once while baking. I am always afraid they will fall apart, so I turn on the broiler for a few minutes to crisp the tops.
If you want extra crispy crab cakes, fry them for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden.